Ogbona Elites Forum 2017 Score Card
The Board and Executives of Ogbona Elites Forum (Admin) wishes to say thank to all our members. We are very grateful for believing in us and also helping to accomplish our programs. For a very young Forum, OEF achieved many things in 2017, among which are:
Some of our achievements in 2017
- Hired thirteen temporary teachers for various subjects in the secondary school whose monthly wage bill is about N 207,000.00.
- We also purchase N30, 000 – N100,000 worth of diesel every month to power water pumping machines (decreasing due solar power installed on some boreholes & raining season)
- In February 2017, we organized a Three-day workshop on the use of phonics, the latest technology in reading for teachers from the three primary schools in Ogbona to get the pupils well-grounded in reading.
- Purchased New Concept English and Mathematics books for JSS and SS Classes for the sum of N500,000 through donations from our members and families
- Organized the first Career day talks and seminars on cultism and restiveness, human capital development, entrepreneurship and counselling. (The essence of this program was to meet and overcome the challenges posed to our community by student’s poor academic performance, truancy, indiscipline, poor school management and cultism.)
- In July, organized a two-day seminar for 37 teachers from the three primary schools in Ogbona. (The first day was on Re-Inventing the Ideal Teacher and Teaching Methodologies, while the 2nd day was on Re-Inventing the Ideal Teacher: Class Room Management & Control.
- We now have a functioning and up to date website “ogbonaelites.org. A total of 45 articles on Ogbona/Avhianwu Culture, Tradition, Announcements, Biographies, profiles of Ogbona sons and daughters and programs are posted at this website. Ogbona Elites Forum was registered with CAC and opened its own account at Zenith Bank Plc.
- We published 28 Profiles of Ogbona Sons and daughters at home and abroad and 30 Biographies of Ogbona sons and daughters that have passed on to the great beyond but their contributions to the growth of our community are not forgotten.
- We published an organogram of the Ogbona sub clan, the Okphe Ukpi palace and all the chiefs and functions.
- Had 4 major donation events in 2017
Donation for Books NGN 525,500, Help for needing students at Auchi Poly NGN 317,553, Educational support to Ruth Esiroh Brai – Auchi Poly NGN 100,000, Extra pay for our teachers NGN 144,000, Keep Apolonia Alive NGN 1,376,650, TOTAL NGN 2,463,703
- We also received other donations from individuals for Website Development Cost and Refinement, and additional teachers for Ogbona Secondary school amounting total pledges of N450,000 and paid up of N266,000.
- Balance of these donations is being used to enroll 5 indigent students for WAEC and NECO in Ogbona Secondary School
- Out of all our donations, Keep Apolonia alive was a new height for us. Raised over a million Naira in less than 36 hours. Bravo.
- Two scholarships schemes namely The Chief and Mrs. M.C.K Orbih Financial Grant-In-Aid” for Ogbona Indigenes at The Nigerian Law School and IKHATUEKEWOR ASAPOKHAI SCHOLARSHIP were instituted through our scholarship scheme. We expect the first set of awards to be made in 2018
- Established 16 adhoc Committees on various aspects of our community issues and plans. Membership Committee, Fund Generation Committee, Foreign and Local Support – Community, Primary Schools, Secondary School, and Health Center, Education: Career Day Talks/Seminar for Secondary School and Community enlightenment and social programs Education: Scholarships, Grants and Support, Education: Teachers Recruitment and Performance Monitoring, Education: Professional Development Training for Teachers (Primary & Secondary Schools), NYSC Teachers/Health Officers, Debating, Quiz & Spelling Bee Competitions, Community Engagement, Agric Committee, Healthcare Committee, Website, Facebook and Fora Maintenance, External Relations and Engagements and Town Planning and Works Committee
- We had over 200 members earlier in the year but ending the year 2017 with 87 financial members, and 75 persons are fully paid up their 2017 annual dues.